The McElhattan Foundation, a grantmaking foundation based in Pittsburgh, PA, is seeking a full-time Office Administrator to join our small but busy team. The Foundation’s mission is preserving and enhancing human life, and we have four program areas: workplace safety, education, end-of-life planning and care, and community development in the McElhattan family’s hometowns of Knox and Franklin, PA.
The Office Administrator will provide administrative support to Foundation staff, including, but not limited to:
- Meeting planning/preparation, note-taking, and research
- Correspondence, filing, record-keeping, document preparation
- Scheduling site visits
- Managing calendars for Executive Director and Program Officer(s)
- Data entry, report generation, and data cleanup in our grant management system
- Setting up Zoom meetings (including managing functionality like breakout rooms)
- Eventually, booking and managing travel for Foundation employees
- 2+ years providing full-time administrative support for a busy, professional office
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Great organizational skills and very high attention to detail
- The ability to work independently and efficiently
- A bachelor’s degree
Professional experience working in WordPress and/or with social media content creation is a plus.
Currently, our team is working from home due to COVID-19, but we are looking forward to returning to the office in person when it’s safe to do so. Therefore, you must be capable of working from home in the foreseeable future. To be clear, though, this is not a permanent work-from-home position. Our office, in Pittsburgh’s Oakland neighborhood, has parking and is accessible via public transportation. Relocation assistance is not provided.
This is a temp-to-perm position. For the first 90 days, you will be paid an hourly rate as a contractor, and we will use this time to make sure this is the right fit for everyone. Benefits for the permanent position include medical, dental, and vision insurance; paid sick leave; and paid time off.
We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and a 1-2 page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.